Webb Chapel Church of Christ was founded in 1956.
The Webb Chapel congregation of the churches of Christ had its first worship service on the first Sunday in January 1956 in a rented house on the corner of Webb Chapel and Valley View. On that first day, 63 Christians placed their membership with the Webb Chapel Church of Christ. Burt Groves was the congregation’s first full-time minister, preaching from 1956 to 1960. The first meeting of the Webb Chapel congregation in the new, distinctive half-round building located on the 13425 Webb Chapel property occurred in October 1963. The congregation had been meeting on this property in a small “prefab” building since 1956. Others who preached at WCCC include Flavil Yeakley, Sr., Joe McKissick, Eddie Couch, and David Lusk.
The major focus of the congregation always has been and continues to be obeying and glorifying God. Having grown over the years, Webb Chapel today worships and works in a multi-functional facility which has been enlarged and renovated over the years and now serves a growing, vital congregation.